(DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION) Friday March 18, 2016 to Sunday March 20, 2016 — Manhattan Festivals, Parades and Events
NY1: WEATHER SUMMARY
Spring officially starts on Sunday but the forecast is for winter weather. We’ll be trading in temperatures in the 50s and 60s for the 30s. Also, a nor’easter could track close enough to bring us snow and rain. It’s not too late in the year for accumulating snow. Strong winds and coastal flooding are possible with the storm as well.
Saturday: Partly sunny. High: 44
Sunday: Periods of snow. 0 to 3″ likely. The snow will stick more on the cars and grass than on the streets and sidewalks.
Spring officially begins Sunday, March 20th.
Macy’s Flower Show Celebrates America
Spring has arrived, and with Easter just a week away, that means it’s time for Macy’s 42nd Annual Flower Show. This year’s big event kicks off on Sunday, March 20 and runs for two weeks, closing on Saturday, April 3. The show, titled “America the Beautiful” will be “a stunning celebration of our country’s vast and varied landscapes—from purple mountain majesties and across the wilderness.”
NYC ½ Marathon
The following streets will be closed Sunday from 7:30 am to 1 pm for the NYC ½ Marathon permitted by the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO).
- Central Park South between 7th Avenue and 5th Avenue
- Grand Army Plaza between 59th Street and 60th Street
- Central Park East Drive between 60th Street and 72nd Street
- Central Park Center Drive between 59th Street and Central Park East Drive
- Central Park East Drive between 72nd Street and 110th Street/Lenox Avenue
- 110th Street between Lenox Avenue and Frederick Douglass Circle
- Frederick Douglass Circle (Entire Traffic Circle)
- Central Park West Drive between Central Park East Drive and 59th Street
- Central Park South between 7th Avenue and Columbus Circle (Alternate)
- 7th Avenue between 59th Street and 42nd Street
- 42nd Street between 7th Avenue and West Side Highway
- West Side Highway (Northbound) between 42nd Street and 44th Street
- West Side Highway (Southbound) between 44th Street and Battery Park Underpass
- West Street between Morris Street and Battery Place (Alternate)
- Battery Place between West Street and State Street (Alternate)
- State Street between Battery Place and Pearl Street (Alternate)
- Battery Park Underpass between West Side Highway (Southbound) and FDR Drive/South Street Exit/Old Slip
- Whitehall Street between Water Street and South Street (Alternate)
- South Street between Whitehall Street and Old Slip (Alternate)
- South Street between Old Slip and Maiden Lane
- Maiden Lane between South Street and Water Street
- Water Street between Maiden Lane and Wall Street
Dispersal & Festival:
- Water Street between Wall Street and Whitehall Street
- State Street between Whitehall Street and Pearl Street
- Front Street between Maiden Lane and Old Slip
- Wall Street between Pearl Street and South Street
- Gouverneur Lane between Water Street and South Street
- Hanover Square between Water Street and Stone Street
- Stone Street between Hanover Square and Coenties Alley
- Coenties Alley/Slip between Stone Street and Water Street
- Pearl Street between Coenties Alley and Hanover Square
- Broad Street between Water Street and South Street
- 46th Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue
- Pine Street between Pearl Street and Water Street
- Old Slip between Water Street and South Street
- Broad Street between Pearl Street and Water Street
East 22nd Street between Broadway and Park Avenue South
This street will be closed Saturday and/or Sunday from 8 am to 8 pm to facilitate crane operation.
West 47th Street between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue
This street will be closed Saturday and/or Sunday from 12:01 am to 8 am to facilitate crane operation.
West 58th Street between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue
This street will be closed Saturday and/or Sunday from 8 am to 7 pm to facilitate crane operation.
East 60th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
This street will be closed Saturday and/or Sunday from 7 am to 4 pm to facilitate crane operation.
The Manhattan-bound (north) tube of the Queens Midtown Tunnel will be closed from 11 pm Friday to 8 am Saturday to accommodate Superstorm Sandy restoration work. One lane will remain open in each direction in the other tube.
The south tube of the Battery Park Underpass (West Street to FDR Drive) will be closed on Saturday from 1 am to 8 am for the restoration of the electrical and mechanical systems damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
One of three southbound lanes on the FDR Drive from 68th Street to 63rd Street will be closed from 12:01 am to 6:30 am Saturday and from 1 am to 11 am Sunday to facilitate ongoing building construction.